Asbestos was long viewed as one of the most versatile minerals, resulting in its extensive use over many years. Asbestos fibres are shaped with sharp jagged edges. This physical property makes them dangerous when inhaled. Over time, there is an increased chance in developing an asbestos-related illness that often results in death. As such, any work in and/or around asbestos presents a risk in the unintended release and/or exposure to asbestos.
And this is where Sterling can assist.
Who we cover?
- Asbestos removalists that are properly licensed – either stand-alone or an annual policy
- Transport of asbestos
- Waste transfer stations that are properly licensed
- Waste landfill sites that are properly licensed
- Tradespeople working with and/or making safe asbestos
- Testing and/or sampling
- Any non-asbestos activities conducted by the Insured (e.g. demolition, strip-outs, earthworks, shoring/underpinning, trades, etc)
What we cover?
- Asbestos liability with either a claims-made or occurrence trigger – up to $30m
- Public & Products liability – up to $100m
- Errors and Omissions extension – up to $5m
- Statutory Liability extension – up to $2m
- Professional Indemnity extension – up to $10m
- Contractors Environmental Liability extension – up to $5m
- Victorian Plumbers extension (excluding commercial plumbing, & applicable to appropriately licensed Victorian plumbers only)
- Queensland Electrical extension (applicable to appropriately licensed Queensland electricians only)
All the above covers can be offered under a single policy. This makes it Australia’s broadest cover under a single policy.
Note, some limits will comprise of both a primary and excess layers.
- 100% underwritten by APRA-approved security
- Claims are managed in Australia
- Policy is subject to Australia’s General Insurance Code of Practice
- Broadest and most flexible cover available in the Australian market
- Specialists in our chosen fields with a consistently stable risk appetite
Want more information?